At O’Leary Maher we have an experienced team to advise you about litigation in all the courts and cover areas such as.
Personal Injury actions
- Personal Injury
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Work Accidents
- Accidents in Public Places
- Holiday Accidents
- Medical Negligence
We advise about the PIAB process, the Court Process in the relevant court of competent Jurisdiction. The District Court which is the Court dealing with matters of less than €6,349. The Circuit Court which deals with matters of between €6,349 and €38,041 and the High Court which deals with any matters above €38,041.
We provide a very effective service from sending demand letters through to issuing proceedings, obtaining judgment and enforcement proceedings. Our services cover all the Courts.
- Initial demand letter to Debtor
- Issuing legal proceeding by preparing and serving the Summons for the Debt on the Debtor.
- Obtaining Judgment in default if no response received to the Summons.
- Obtaining Judgment in the court if a Defendant defends or disputes the proceedings.
- Enforcing the Judgment through a number of possible options such as:
- Registration of Judgment in the Registry of Judgments.
- Lodgment of Judgment with the Sheriff
- Registration of Judgment Mortgage against property
- Installment Orders against Individual Debtors
- Issuing Proceedings for Bankruptcy in case of an Individual Debtor
- Winding up orders in the case of a Company
We also cover a wide variety of other types of Litigation and we have only listed two of the most popular types for ease of reading at this stage. We would be happy to discuss any other matters with you by appointment.
Note: In contentious business, a Solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement